We use first and third party cookies to improve our service, personalize your advertising and remember your website preference. If you continue to browse, you accept the use of cookies on our site. For more information (e.g. how to disable cookies) please see our cookies policy.

Ok
National Geographic Society
National GeographicNat Geo WildNat Geo People
https://assets-natgeotv.fnghub.com/Shows/2375.jpg
  • HUMAN APE

DESCRIPTION

Find out what our ape cousins can and can't do and investigate exactly what is in the less-than-two percent of DNA that makes us the human ape.

The claim is often made that humans are really just apes and that as much as 98.4 percent of our DNA is shared with chimpanzees. But how similar are the two species in reality? Find out what our ape cousins can and can't do and investigate exactly what is in the less-than-two percent of DNA that makes us the human ape.

EPISODE GUIDE

  • Human Ape
    About 98% of our DNA is shared with chimpanzees but how similar are we? Join in the investigation of the remaining 2 percent of DNA on our difference.
  • Human Ape
    Our DNA is just 1.4% different from that of chimpanzees, so what is that makes humans so different from the great apes?
  • Human Ape
    About 98% of our DNA is shared with chimpanzees but how similar are we? Join in the investigation of the remaining 2 percent of DNA on our difference.
ADVERTISMENT

VIDEOS