As one of the planet's most feared creatures, few people would search out a great white shark, let alone try and catch one!
Shark Men features a team of anglers and scientists who go against the grain and actively try to hunt these skilled predators.
Their aim - to uncover spectacular secrets about the shark's migratory patterns, breeding and birthing sites.
Racing through the ocean at over 40 kilometres an hour, with 300 razor-sharp teeth and 2,200 kilograms of bulk, just how do you capture a great white shark?
On this nail-biting expedition, the team plan to lift them out of the water, examine them, tag them and then release them unharmed back into the ocean.
Taking to the high seas with their audacious scheme, can they get close enough to these fearsome fish?
- Shark Men: Hammerhead IslandsThe hunt for hammerheads continues off Socorro Island and Dr Pete Klimley hopes to uncover the mysteries of shark migratory behaviour.
- Shark Men: Tagging TigersThe crew are joined by a fresh science team and face new challenges as they track tiger sharks in the Revillagigedo Islands.
- Shark Men: Tiger EscapeThe Shark Men are challenged as never before. They hook two giant tiger sharks, but their sheer power catches them off guard.
- Shark Men: Tiger BaitAfter a long period of frustration, modified tackle brings the crew success. Two female tiger sharks, Sharon and Lizzie, are added to the tally.
- Shark Men: Coming UngluedAs the long, gruelling mission starts to wind down, the tally of tagged sharks continues to rise – along with tensions between the team.
- Shark Men: A Whale Of A TigerExpedition leader Chris Fischer pushes the team to the limit as they seek one more tiger shark and three more silvertips before leaving the area.
- Shark Men: Trouble In ParadiseThe team battles shark-finning poachers as they attempt to tag hammerheads in the waters surrounding the Cocos Islands.
- Shark Men: Mission CriticalWhen Todd hooks a giant tiger shark and the divers abandon a scientist in dangerous waters, it leads to a growing divide over safety issues.
- Shark Men: Killing ZoneThe team finally adds hammerheads to their list of tagged sharks, but the relentless pace of work is wearing some of the men down.
- Shark Men: HammeredIn the last days of the expedition, the team tries everything from midnight fishing to swimming with sharks to tag the elusive hammerheads.
More On Wildlife